1. In short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.
2. When a cup is placed on a dispenser, a magnet lifts to let beer flow in.
3. Market watchers were forced to digest the reality of negative 2.9% GDP for the first quarter of the year. All of a sudden, everyone’s forecasts seemed too rosy—or at least too smooth—compared to the lumpy reality. This led to a raft of second-guessing on the timing of the Fed’s eventual exit from its bond-buying stimulus program. We went from confidence to WTF? in a space of a few weeks, with all the asset class rotations and market corrections that come along with a fresh bout of uncertainty.
5. Benoit Battistelli, president of the EPO, said the increase in patent filings by Chinese companies reflects both their increasing expansion into Europe and the fact that China is becoming a globally innovative knowledge-based country.
6. Against: Could the film be seen as a film of great performances, rather than a truly great piece of cinema
1. Sixty Vocab：
2. Yes Man is a heartwarming blockbuster that explores what would happen if you answered "yes" to every question in your life. Jim Carrey's character takes on this challenge and ends up learning Korean, taking flying lessons, and getting promoted. He goes from being a pessimistic divorced man to an exciting trendsetter and finds a new girlfriend in the process. It might sound like fiction, but this movie is loosely based on a memoir of the same name by freelance radio producer Danny Wallace.
5. Rachel Bloom burst into tears as she won best lead in a comedy or musical TV show while Amazon show Mozart In The Jungle was another surprise victor at the awards show when it was named best TV comedy.
2. Here, a quick peek at Power Women 2013:
4. 13. 《女孩帮》(Girlhood)，导演：瑟琳·席安玛(Céline Sciamma)。
5. It's hard to imagine LOST without Jack Shephard as the group leader. Where would the show have been without him? Had the show's writers gotten their way, we would have learned the answer to that question. When the show was pitched to ABC, Jack Shephard's character was supposed to be killed after the pilot episode, and Kate was supposed to take on more of a leadership role in the series.
6. Industry Kitchen是位于纽约市南街海港的一间餐厅，你可以在这里购买到这款24K黄金比萨，其售价高达2000美元。顾名思义，黄金披萨因为覆盖了24k黄金金片而闻名。
1. 乔布斯在苹果博览会上展示iPod mini ，2004年1月6日，旧金山
2. China's booming cyberstar economy has gone through three stages -- the first based on text, then text and images, and now video thanks to the availability of broadband networks.
3. ?Women fall for him because he's exciting to be around and this plays a much larger part in a relationship than most think. It's the key to a great first date. Even the femme fatales assigned to kill Bond fall for him. But studies show this isn't surprising at all. 007's character has frequently been accused of being sexist. This is probably true -- and only serves to make him that much more attractive to the ladies.
5. 各大资产管理公司的专家们表示，评估亚洲ETF潜力的难题在于日本市场在地区所占比重过大，以及日本央行(Bank of Japan)扮演的角色过大。日本央行每年购买6万亿日元（合540亿美元）的ETF，这扭曲了市场。
6. The expansion would be considered impressive in most markets, but it represents an ongoing slowdown for China, the world's second-largest film territory and a continual source of growth for Hollywood for the better part of a decade.
Texas was one of the first states to emerge from the recession and it continues to attract companies on the basis of its low tax burden, predictable regulatory environment and skilled labor force. Texas employment is expected to expand 3% annually through 2017, according to Moody’s. (Arizona’s forecasted rate is a microscopic 0.04% better). Texas has attracted a lot of attention from California companies and Governor Rick Perry has not been shy about contrasting the business climates of the two states. California firms EBay and Electronic Arts have both chosen Texas for large expansions in recent years. Austin has been a hotbed of activity this year with Accenture
In the episode "The Little Kicks," we get to see Elaine's fabulously hilarious dance moves. It's almost impossible to imagine a version of Seinfeld in which Elaine doesn't dance in such a funky way. And yet shockingly, this was almost the case. Writer Spike Fereston knew that series creator Larry David was against the dance, and he was only able to get it approved after David left. He was able to get the dance approve, but still received a lot of push back from the other writers.
Among the top 10, four of them -- Pony Ma, Jack Ma, Ding Lei (CEO of Chinese game developer NetEase Inc) and Lei Jun (founder of smartphone maker Xiaoxi) -- are from TMT (telecommunications, media and technology) sectors.