6. The wealth and depth of knowledge from around the world adds tremendous value to the course, wrote another graduate from the US, adding that “with so many cultures and experiences represented, a classroom ethics discussion about bribery is not your typical boring USA version”.
1. A fascinating study from researchers at the University of North Florida reveals that running barefoot may actually improve your memory more than running with shoes. While most memory studies seem to take place in a laboratory or room where everyone sits at a table, this experiment definitely introduced an interesting idea to the search for a better memory. The experiment focused on something called "working memory," which is the human ability to process information and recall details throughout life. The scientists published the results of their study in "Perceptual and Motor Skills," and found that running barefoot resulted in a not-insignificant memory boost when compared with memory performance after running with shoes. The researchers found that tossing your shoes off and running for about 16 minutes at a comfortable pace could result in a 16% improvement in working memory performance.
2. TAXES: Approximately $18,036 a year
3. But when you think of fields where there just aren't enough skilled candidates to go around, one that probably doesn't come to mind is supply chain management: The complicated, behind-the-scenes work of getting goods from one place to another, on time and on budget.
5. 《她》(Her)，由斯派克?琼斯(Spike Jonze)担任编剧兼导演，将浪漫带入了虚拟世界，影片的主人公展开了一场有些疯狂的真正激情之旅。华金?菲尼克斯(Joaquin Phoenix)扮演的男主角是个令人心酸的孤独小伙子，他爱上了自己智能手机的新操作系统。影片的基本构想有些脆弱，但故事非常华丽地展开，霍伊特?范?霍特玛(Hoyte Van Hoytema)的摄影也很精妙，完美地烘托了菲尼克斯、艾米?亚当斯(Amy Adams)和斯嘉丽?约翰逊(Scarlett Johansson)的表演。斯嘉丽?约翰逊在片中扮演的是智能手机操作系统的声音和灵魂。
6. The 1.48 million people who qualified to take the exam marked an increase of 90,000 over last year, while the number of positions offered - 27,000 - remained almost the same.
2. St Gallen outperforms other ranked schools thanks in part to strong scores for international criteria. More than 90 per cent of students and 80 per cent of faculty are from abroad. The school is also ranked second for both the international mobility of its students and their international exposure during the programme.
3. Adding to the growing literature of sell-side analysts who think the answer to Apple's (AAPL) market valuation woes (down 35% since September) is a low-cost iPhone, MorganStanley's Katy Huberty has looked at China, the world's largest smartphone market, and done the math.
5. The ranking of 95 schools, up from 90 last year, includes nine institutions, from seven countries, that were ranked for the first time. Frankfurt School of Finance and Management in 41st place is the year’s highest new entrant. The German school has one of the most gender-balanced programmes, with women accounting for 49 per cent of students.
6. It’s been one of the worst years for investment decision-making on record, almost across the board. No strategy worked consistently, save for the type of shareholder activism that only a handful of Wall Street’s billionaire titans are able to engage in.
Mr. Wang, the WeChat user in Beijing, said he was an avid QQ user 11 years ago but stopped using the instant messaging service because 'it didn't look very professional.' But after downloading WeChat on his smartphone he found 'most of my colleagues and friends are on it, and everyone communicates through voicemails now.'
Victoria's Secret angel Candice Swanepoel comes 4th amongst 10 most beautiful women of 2015. This South African beauty came in 10th on the Forbes top-earning models list last year. She was voted No. 61 in 2010, No. 62 in 2011, and No. 75 in 2013 in FHM's annual “100 Sexiest Women in the World” poll and No. 1 in 2014 Maxim's "Hot 100 List".