4. Taken alongside data released in the past few days, and it doesn't make things easier. The country is still struggling with deflation and household spending slumped last month. But retail sales data released this morning topped estimates.
5. Lawyers are inherently cautious but most have realised that technology is crucial to crunching through the vast amount of information they handle. Without it, certain document heavy processes, such as disclosure and compliance, would be nearly impossible.
1. What? Hasn't his firm made enough money off Bernanke's cheap money printing? So he's blaming 'lower growth on fiscal austerity, ' even as Bernanke keeps blowing up the Fed's balance-sheet bubble by trillions under the delusion he's America's savior because our dysfunctional Congress failed?
2. The Best Global Universities rankings are based on data and metrics provided by Clarivate Analytics InCites.
3. "Protections that promote equality and diversity should not be conditional on someone's sexual orientation," he wrote. "For too long, too many people have had to hide that part of their identity in the workplace."
6. 11. Another 26 Favorites — because why not? Many of these could have made my top 10 on another day. “’71,” “Amy,” “Anomalisa,” “Blackhat,” “Chi-Raq,” “Ex Machina,” “Experimenter,” “Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem,” “The Good Dinosaur,” “The Great Man,” “Inside Out,” “Joy,” “Lost Landscapes of Los Angeles,” “Magic Mike XXL,” “Office,” “Results,” “The Revenant,” “Seymour: An Introduction,” “Shaun the Sheep Movie,” “Spy,” “Straight Outta Compton,” “Tangerine,” “Timbuktu,” “Trainwreck,” “White God” and “The Wolfpack.”
2. After Zhou contaminated the water, one of Zhou's classmates surnamed Tang noticed that the water coming out of the dispenser was milky and had a pungent scent.
Leatrice Eiseman, the executive director of the Pantone Color Institute, said the joining of the two colors reflected “a soothing sense of order and peace” — presumably an attractive thing to incorporate into a product at a time of insecurity and global turbulence. It also implies that there is no line between “us” and “them.”
As we pointed out earlier, we've long been able to restore hearing to the deaf, but restoring sight to the blind is a much more complicated matter. When people lose their sight, their retinas no longer send signals from their photoreceptors to their brains. To make an artificial eye, we'd need to understand how the retina processes those signals, and that's a code scientists just haven't been able to crack.
Among the 772 movies made in China in 2016, 43 of them reached a box office of over 100 million yuan. Chinese movies harvested an overseas box office of 3.8 billion yuan in 2016 with a yearly increase of over 38%.