2. 3. Your boss received your résumé from a contact of a contact。
3. We asked FlightAware to look at arrival delays, rather than departure delays, because it is sometimes possible for airlines to make up time lost on the ground while the plane is in the sky.
5. British golden girl, Lily Donaldson - who has been a cover girl for the likes of Vogue - showcased her own sultry take on summer style, wearing a white semi-sheer, strapless dress to the event. The 30-year-old model looked simply sensational in the nearly transparent number.
6. 9.Bellarine Peninsula, Australia
1. An escalating war on drugs in the Philippines has led to almost 1,800 deaths under new president Rodrigo Duterte, the country’s police chief has said.
2. "Twenty Two" featuring the tales of 22 comfort women became the first Chinese documentary to surpass 100 million yuan at the box office.
3. Today, the Financial Times reveals the fake gross domestic product data routinely released from many northern Chinese regions. There, solid alternative evidence suggests the authorities have “smoothed” the economic growth figures. They artificially boosted growth figures between 2012 and 2016, masking a real downturn, and last year covered up a genuine recovery.
5. “This has been a miserable year for EM,” said Paul McNamara, investment director of emerging markets at GAM, the Swiss fund house. “There has been a steady bleed out of assets and no one is certain what shape the market might be in this time next week.”
2. The implosion of a giant subprime mortgage lender in 2007?The collapse of Lehman Brothers in 2008?
3. It’s sometimes one of the scariest words in the English language, but it’s a word you should be prepared to say when opportunities arise in your career: Yes.
5. Don't lie about your salary. Ever. Even if your employer doesn't tell us (and most do), we'll find out eventually. I've terminated two people for doing that.
6. When it’s time to buy a new car, you have 36 brands to choose from. Each automotive brand has something to offer, but not every brand is right for every buyer. Some brands excel at making performance cars, others focus on making family-friendly crossovers or specialize in luxury cars.
However, in season two Friends took a big leap toward equality by featuring a gay wedding when Carol married her girlfriend Susan. Behind the scenes, executive producer Marta Kauffman said, "NBC expected thousands and thousands of phone calls and hate mail." However, after the episode aired, they received only four antagonistic letters. As it turns out, people just didn't care that much.
"People can be unhappy for many reasons -- from poverty to unemployment to family breakdown to physical illness," the report said. "But in any particular society, chronic mental illness is a highly influential cause of misery. If we want a happier world, we need a completely new deal on mental health."
Next year will be the 60th anniversary of the beloved talking bear. And to mark the occasion, Paul King, who directed 2014’s critical and commercial smash, simply titled Paddington, is back for this sequel. In a time where even children’s entertainments are suffused with darkness and violence, this quiet celebration of the everyday English is needed more than ever. The plot of this film? Well, not much really: following the events of the last film, Paddington is quite comfortably installed with the Brown family of Windsor Gardens. He wants to buy a pop-up book for his aunt from a local bookseller, but finding himself a few quid short he puts on his wellies and duffel coat and finds employment in various odd jobs – only to have the book stolen from the shop! A (not so serious) mystery begins. Expect many more jokes about Paddington’s love of marmalade. Released in the UK November 10, November 23 in Germany and November 30 in Cambodia and Malaysia. (Credit: StudioCanal)