4. Consumer and producer prices are still either muted or in deflationary territory in China – but last month marked something of an uptick for each.
5. Stand: Apple CEO Tim Cook fought for workplace protection for the LGBT community
6. Three stricts and three honests: Be strict in morals, power and disciplining oneself; be honest in decisions, business and behavior
1. Recognize me?: image via blog.discoverymagazine.com
3. While 221 people fell off the billionaires list this year, 198 people joined the ranks. Twenty-nine from the 2015 list died, while another 29 rejoined the list after having fallen off.
5. Hilcorp Energy：能源公司的个性化奖励
1. Several scientists said the most remarkable thing about the 2014 record was that it had occurred in a year that did not feature a strong El Ni?o, a large-scale weather pattern in which the Pacific Ocean pumps an enormous amount of heat into the atmosphere.
2. St. Vincent “Digital Witness” (Loma Vista/Republic)
5. And regarding Ukraine, the Russian president again denied that there are Russian troops operating inside eastern Ukraine where a pro-Russian separatist movement is fighting Ukrainian government troops. But he said Moscow never denied that "certain people" were there carrying out tasks "in the military sphere." He said Russia plans no sanctions against Ukraine, but will not extend preferential trade to Kyiv.
2. A separate Caixin PMI tracking growth in China’s services sector is slated for release on Tuesday.
4. Exports shrank 6.1 per cent year on year in dollar terms to $209.42bn in December, according to figures from the General Administration of Customs. That fall was 2.1 percentage points more severe than a median of economist estimates and worse than a revised drop of 1.6 per cent (previously 0.1 per cent growth) in November.
2. A meditation on love, loss and the meaning of life. Dog people and Lou Reed fans will be especially susceptible (I plead guilty on both counts), but anyone who ever had a heart is likely to succumb to Ms. Anderson’s ethereal wisdom and her fierce formal wit.
There’s nothing worse than a boss who says one thing and does another, and nothing better than one who keeps his word. Just as managers must trust their team, employees must trust their boss to have their best interests at heart。