1. "The editors thought the articles were being sent out to genuine reviewers in the discipline," he said. "Following our investigation and communication with the real reviewers, they confirmed they did not conduct the peer review."
2. Staff numbers at insurance agencies also rose by 936,200 to a total of more than 5.6m people.
5. The International Organization for Migration says the number of migrants and refugees entering Europe in 2015 has gone over the one million mark, the largest influx of its kind since the end of World War Two.
6. New artist: Florida Georgia Line
1. The total number of qualified applicants reached 31,220 in the first 24 hours, up from 25,000 over the same period last year, according to figures from offcn.com, an education organization that offers training for the civil servant exam.
3. Faster progress in work to improve environment, particularly air quality, is what people are desperately hoping for, and is critical to sustainable development. We must adopt well-designed policies, tackle both symptoms and root causes, and take tough steps to make the grade in responding to the people.
4. 《她》(Her)，由斯派克?琼斯(Spike Jonze)担任编剧兼导演，将浪漫带入了虚拟世界，影片的主人公展开了一场有些疯狂的真正激情之旅。华金?菲尼克斯(Joaquin Phoenix)扮演的男主角是个令人心酸的孤独小伙子，他爱上了自己智能手机的新操作系统。影片的基本构想有些脆弱，但故事非常华丽地展开，霍伊特?范?霍特玛(Hoyte Van Hoytema)的摄影也很精妙，完美地烘托了菲尼克斯、艾米?亚当斯(Amy Adams)和斯嘉丽?约翰逊(Scarlett Johansson)的表演。斯嘉丽?约翰逊在片中扮演的是智能手机操作系统的声音和灵魂。
3. In the past six months alone, the Australian-born company fortified its senior executive ranks with high-profile hires from Amazon, PayPal, Google, and Twitter. It brokered a high-profile deal with Magento, the market leader, that promises to bring thousands of new customers to it. And it broke the lease on its new San Francisco office because it is hiring so quickly that it now needs triple the space it originally anticipated.
6. About 200 million migrants, half of whom are women, sent $445 billion to their families in Asia, Latin America and Africa in 2016, the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) said last Wednesday.
1. Forex reserves fell $87bn in November, near the record $94bn decline suffered in August — the same month that the central bank surprised global markets by allowing the renminbi to depreciate by 3 per cent in three days.