3. Rios is no stranger to hard work. She moved to the U.S. from El Salvador when she was a child. She graduated at the top of her high school class and raised a family while putting herself through college. She was not intimidated when she started Nation Waste Inc. At just 22, months after graduating from the University of Houston, she took out loans and purchased two trucks, jumping into the male-dominated waste-removal industry. Today, her Houston-based company has 24 full-time employees. "It is pretty amazing when I look back and see, I started as a little girl entering the United States with my parents and now I am truly living the American dream," says Rios.
5. "Although it may seem counterintuitive, the best way to maximize profits over the long-term is not to make them the primary goal of the business," Mackey said in an interview earlier this year.
1. Such insights are of particular interest to litigation funders, who back claimants in return for a cut of damages and who try to assess the likely outcomes of disputes before committing their money. But that may have to be 2019’s breakthrough, or probably beyond.
3. Researchers at Google discovered that security questions as a standalone method for recovering access to accounts is not an efficient model.
4. Format: Some 18 courses, including four electives, are spread out over every other weekend in Chicago, with three residential weeks in Chicago, one week in Hong Kong, and one week in London
5. As a brand, Acura sold 167,843 cars and trucks last year, a 1.5% increase. Lexus, Toyota’s premium brand, was up 13.7%; BMW was up 9.8%, Audi was up 15.2% and Mercedes-Benz was up 6.5% in a U.S. market that was very favorable for luxury vehicle manufacturers.
1. The singer/songwriter Dua Lipa has been steadily releasing a string of singles since 2015, beginning with the flirty "Be the One" and finally hitting the jackpot with "Hotter Than Hell" – both collected here on her debut album.
2. This means war: Christopher Nolan's second film not set in the present (or future) is an epic tableau about the rescue of hundreds of thousands of troops from the French coast. Tom Hardy, Mark Rylance, Kenneth Branagh, Cillian Murphy and, er, Harry Styles, star. Think Saving Private Ryan, but saltier.
201202/172834.shtmlChinese entrepreneur Wang Xing stays in touch with a sister in California and an uncle in Australia through chat software that offers a glimpse of how China's Internet companies can compete globally.
"Hong Kong is a small island with 7 million people ... and you have 1.5 billion across the border (in mainland China) who would like to invest," Mark Elliott, associate director of International Residential Property Services at Jones Lang LaSalle, tells CNN. "The government is releasing more and more land, but it doesn't work."
"At a time when the world seems defined by division, storytellers bring us together as one," AFI president and CEO Bob Gazzale said Thursday in a statement. "AFI Awards is honored to celebrate this community of artists who challenge and inspire us, entertain and enlighten us - ultimately reminding us of our common heartbeat."