1. Next year, the mayor’s affordable housing plan, which calls for building or preserving 200,000 units of affordable housing over the next decade, will begin to take shape. It hinges on a policy that requires developers to build affordable housing in exchange for being allowed to construct taller and denser buildings in neighborhoods rezoned by the city. Developers and housing advocates alike are waiting to see what it will look like once the administration adds muscle and flesh to the bones of the proposal.
4. Back in the movie wasteland of last January, no one could have guessed what a bounty of good films the year would bring. Not just good films, but several that measure up to our idealized notions of what the medium once was. Two candidates for the top of the heap pretty much chose themselves. For sheer entertainment, the clear call is 'American Hustle,' David O. Russell's joyous celebration of 1970s-era con artists and their intricate cons. For innovation-a new theatrical experience born of new technology-'Gravity' whirls in its own orbit. With the understanding that there's nothing to be said against 'American Hustle,' and everything to recommend this screwball comedy for the ages, I think 'Gravity' is the best movie of the year.
5. We asked FlightAware to look at arrival delays, rather than departure delays, because it is sometimes possible for airlines to make up time lost on the ground while the plane is in the sky.
6. The kitchen addition, about 40 feet long, was designed to be in keeping with the original house, with intricate ceiling woodwork and several colored-glass panels by Century Studios, a Minneapolis company that secured its glass from the Chicago manufacturer used by Frank Lloyd Wright. Stainless-steel appliances include a five-foot-wide range and a Sub-Zero refrigerator. The dining area opens to a back patio through 10-foot-tall glass doors.
3. 7.Yes, John was with me last night. – Because that’s what friends do… we agree and ask questions later。
4. Yet the pizza is far from the first recipe to incorporate a bit of the precious metal. Earlier this year, Bj?rn DelaCruz, the owner of Filipino restaurant the Manila Social Club, in Williamsburg, New York, created the pricey Golden Cristal Ube Donut.
1. IT/communications/electronics/Internet offer new graduates the highest pay at 4,867 yuan a month on average, but that's down 826 yuan from last year's level. Finance and transport/logistics/warehousing come second, offering average monthly salaries of 4,692 and 4,457 yuan respectively.
After a year of sexual harassment scandals that started in Silicon Valley and spread to just about every industry, women will try to capitalise on the momentum to push for permanent changes. And attention will focus on the plight of marginalised minorities, with so few black and Latino employees in the tech industry.
Besides exploring the overall ranking, prospective international students can narrow their search by browsing regional and country rankings. These rankings were determined solely by how schools performed in the overall list.
Remember Anthropoid. A rather overlooked drama from earlier this year, it starred Jamie Dornan and Cillian Murphy in the story of a failed assassination attempt on Hitler's third in command, SS General Reinhard Heydrich. Another crack at this story is being attempted with HHhH, this time round with Jacks Reynor and O'Connell as the plotting soldiers, plus Rosamund Pike and Mia Wasikowska as the objects of their affections, and Jason Clarke the target of their anger.